The next round of applications for the Completion Grant will be open October 1.
Fall round: Application opens October 1
Spring round: Application opens March 1
The Completion Grant is for graduate and professional students who face financial hardships and are on track for graduation by the end of the summer or academic year. The Completion Grant program is designed to alleviate the financial burden that students face by providing funding for additional expenses such as living costs, books, tuition, and school fees.
The Completion Grant will be offered once a semester, twice a year. Due to GSPC staff capacity, there is a capped number of applications that can be submitted each cycle. Please not that the Completion Grants are administered on a first come, first serve basis and eligible awardees will be determined via lottery selection.
Goals of the Completion Grant:
- Provide short-term grants to assist students facing financial hardships before graduation.
- Provide financial aid to enable students to focus on their academic success.
- Support student retention and success, improve academic standing, and support specific campus populations.
Please read all sections on this webpage before applying. To ensure full consideration, please check the Completion Grant Evaluation Rubric and complete your application accordingly. For any queries regarding the application process, please contact the GPSC Grants Office at email@example.com.
Applications for Completion Grant may receive $1000.
- Applicants must be UA graduate, undergraduate, or professional students at the time of award.
- Applicants may only submit one application at a time.
- Applicants must be in the last semester of their degree program.
- The number of awards is contingent upon the availability of funds and the number of applications received. Completion Grant is not a guaranteed source of funding.
- The Completion Grant will be offered once a semester, and twice a year. Due to GSPC staff capacity, there is a capped number of applications that can be submitted each cycle. All eligible Basic Needs Microgrant applications are administered on a lottery basis.
- For the necessary components of the application, please refer to the Completion Grant Rubric.
APPLICATION DEADLINES AND AWARD NOTIFICATION
All required materials must be submitted by 11:55 PM Arizona Time on the deadline.
- An automated submission email is generated once an online application is submitted.
- Applicants will be emailed when their application status changes (Accepted, Declined, etc.).
- Applicants may also check the Submittable application portal for status updates.
- Award decisions will be sent 2-3 weeks after the deadline.
- If accepted, the applicant will be asked to accept or decline the award. Upon accepting the award, the approved amount will be distributed through the awardee's Bursar's account as a stipend. Stipends are considered taxable income and may affect financial aid status.
GPSC is not responsible for non-payments to awardees due to inaccuracies or mistakes on GPSC grant applications. Applicants are solely responsible for ensuring that all materials and information provided in the GPSC applications is accurate. Mistakes, errors, and inaccuracies in the application (e.g., the wrong student ID number) may result in your application being disqualified or unprocessed awards.
To complete your grant application, you will be directed to Qualtrics, a third party survey platform. By continuing with this application, you agree to provide your student information to Qualtrics, and to having Qualtrics receive and process that student information, in order to complete your application and be considered for a grant award.