Interested in getting involved for the 2020-21 Academic Year?
Join the Graduate and Professional Student Council by running for one of our open positions. Please see a complete list of available positions below.
For 2020 General Election results, click here.
The Graduate and Professional Student Council (GPSC) is the governing body that represents the academic, economic, and social interests of all graduate and professional students at the University of Arizona. We are composed of elected student representatives from each of the recognized colleges and programs. We seek passionate students to help us improve the student experience for graduate and professional students.
The responsibilities of elected GPSC Members include (but are not limited to):
- Attending meetings and providing reports on current events
- Bringing constituent proposals before the GPSC General Council
- Serving on GPSC Internal Committees and University Committees
- Participating in and informing constituents about GPSC related activities and events
- Conducting meetings with students and administrators from the representative’s constituent unit
Estimate Time Commitments:
- GPSC Representative: 2-3 hrs per week
- GPSC Officers: 5-7 hrs per week
- GPSC Executive Officer: 15-20 hrs per week
For questions, please contact the Elections Director (GPSCElections@arizona.edu).
GPSC Executive Officer DutiesClick or enter to reveal information below
- President: The GPSC President serves as the primary representative for GPSC to UA Officials and the UA community. The GPSC President meets regularly with members of the UA Administration (and others, as needed) on behalf of GPSC. In addition, the President serves as the chair of the GPSC Executive Board, including (but not limited to): scheduling meeting times/space, organizing/distributing/posting of the agenda, and maintaining order during the meetings.
- Vice President:The GPSC Vice-President is responsible for ensuring the smooth operations of the GPSC. This includes organizing, monitoring and reviewing the activities of all GPSC Members and Student employees.
GPSC General Officer DutiesClick or enter to reveal information below
- Assembly Chair: The GPSC Assembly Chair serves as the chair of the GPSC General Council. They are responsible for running all GC Meetings, including (but not limited to): scheduling meeting times/space, organizing/distributing/posting of the agenda, and maintaining order during the meetings.
- Treasurer: The GPSC Treasurer is responsible for monitoring all GPSC budgetary activities; providing regular updates to the GPSC President and Vice-President.
- Secretary: The GPSC Secretary is responsible for taking detailed minutes of all GC and EB meetings, including keeping of attendance and recording of all decisions.
2020-2021 Representative SeatsClick or enter to reveal information below
The following table shows the number of available GPSC representatives per College. The number of representatives is determined by the College's Graduate and Professional Spring 2019 Enrollement.
|College of Agriculture
& Life Sciences (CALS)
|College of Architecture, Planning
& Landscape Architecture (CAPLA)
|College of Education||2|
|College of Engineering||2|
|College of Fine Arts||1|
|College of Humanities||1|
|College of Law||1|
|College of Management||2|
|College of Medicine, Phoenix||1|
|College of Medicine, Tucson||2|
|College of Nursing||2|
|College of Optical Sciences||1|
|College of Pharmacy||1|
|College of Public Health||2|
|College of Science||2|
|College of Social
& Behavioral Sciences (SBS)
|Graduate College / GIDP / Other||2|
|College of Applied Science & Technology||1|
|At-Large (all students)||3|
FAQClick or enter to reveal information below
1. What do I need to do in order to run?
Complete a nominating petition! Petitions will be available here.
2. Can I use an electronic petition to get signatures?
3. Can I campaign?
Absolutely! Please be sure to follow the guildelines outlined it the GPSC Elections Code.
4. I have an issue with the elections. What should I do?
If you believe there has been a violation of the GPSC Elections Code, you may appeal by submitting an Elections Complaint form. Elections Complaint forms can be found here. Please email the completed form to GPSCElections@arizona.edu. The deadline for submission of a complaint is 24 hours after voting has closed.
Have more questions about GPSC elections? Please email the Elections Director at GPSCElections@arizona.edu