Contribute to GPSC
The University of Arizona Graduate and Professional Student Council (GPSC) kindly accepts contributions that can be directed to our account under the University of Arizona Foundation. All donations through the UA Foundation are tax deductible.
Your donation will contribute to funding graduate student Travel Grants and Research and Project (ReaP) Grants. Donating to GPSC funds:
- Graduate and professional students, their research, professional development, and the transition from graduate studies to career.
- Support for students of various fields in conducting and presenting their research to scholarly and public audiences.
- Students conducting world-class research that will allow them to contribute to community and global needs on their way to earning a degree.
- Promotion of student recruitment, retention, and graduation.
- Tutoring for graduate students in grant writing.
Your generous donation would be highly appreciated. You are welcome to specify how you’d like your donation to be allocated; unrestricted funds will go directly to GPSC’s grant programs. Consider donating to GPSC today.
The University of Arizona is a top research university in the United States and in the world in large part through the efforts of UA’s almost 10,000 graduate and professional students. According to a report on the UA website:
- As one of the world's premier public research universities, the University of Arizona conducts more than $606 million of research annually, a key measure of productivity. The National Science Foundation ranks the UA 21st in research and development expenditures among public universities.
- The UA ranks No. 73 in the world and No. 46 nationally according to the Center for University World Rankings. The UA is one of the nation’s top producers of Fulbright Scholars (ranked tenth).
- The UA is a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU), one of 62 leading public and private research universities in the United States and Canada and the only AAU member in Arizona.
About Travel Grants:
- The largest and most well-known grant program funded by GPSC
- Reaches over 850 graduate and professional students per year (program has demonstrated growth every year since its inception in 2003)
- Over $1.1 million allocated in five years to help graduate students conduct and present research, network, learn new technologies and techniques, and even interview for jobs
About Research and Project Grants:
- Funding ($1000 maximum per year) open to all graduate and professional students in good academic standing
- Award funding to proposals that reach a certain score threshold (contingent on funding available) - currently that score is 85%
- Established in FY 2013-14 and since then, the program has allocated over $350,000 to 284 graduate student research projects to date