Prescription Medication Assistance Program
The Prescription Medication Assistance Program was designed to assist graduate and professional students at the University of Arizona with extraordinary prescription medication costs. The Program is structured to award $250 in financial assistance to graduate or professional students who have shown total out of pocket prescription expenditures of at least $250 within the six months immediately prior to application.
- To qualify for this Program, at least $250 out of pocket prescription costs have to be incurred by the UA student applying for the award within the immediate past six months from the date of application.
- Student must be enrolled as a full time graduate or professional student as described in the current UA Catalog at the time of application and during the period expenses were incurred.
- For US citizens or permanent residents, student must have completed a current academic year FAFSA and be eligible to receive need based institutional aid.
- For international students, student must have completed the UA's Financial Need Calculation for International Student form and be eligible to receive need based institutional aid.
- Employees qualified for full benefits are not eligible for this program.
- Students are eligible to receive an assistance award once per semester.
- Award description, eligibility requirements, dates the application will become available on Scholarship Universe per term, and amount of award will be published on GPSC webpage
- Students must complete the application for this program on Scholarship Universe prior to submitting their Rx receipts to Campus Health Services.
- Students print the email confirmation from Scholarship Universe (that they have applied to the Rx award), attach receipts and bring to Campus Health Services for review.
- Pharmacist verifies their eligibility and notates Scholarship Universe application
- Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid staff places award on student account
- Application remains open on Scholarship Universe until funds are spent for the semester.